Saturday, October 11, 2008

I'm sooooo PROUD!

Holly has really gotten after me because my posts are so far behind...I just sit around all day so I don't know why I don't have time to blog...!Anyway, last month Allen was awarded Employee of the Year for Orem City. We attended the employee dinner in September. It's always nice and if we don't have anything else planned it's fun to go. As we sat down with our plates in the way too crowded Orem Senior Center, I picked up the program just to see what was happening. There staring back at me was a picture of my dear husband. I turned and asked him why he didn't tell me that he was receiving this honor. He replied that he didn't know and that he was so embarrassed...and I think if he could have gracfully slipped out of the room he woud have! He was embarrassed but I was very proud of him. He is such a great man and I love it when others recognize that too. He was given a cash award and a very nice gift certificate to the Homestead in Heber City. Way to go, HONEY!

2 comments:

Chris said...

That is exciting. Alan seems great from everything you say about him, I can't wait to meet him sometime.

Holly said...

WOO HOO ALAN! We are so proud to know you and live in the city of Orem. I am glad to know that the employee of the year takes such great care of our city. We love you!